With: Kira Archer
I’ve always had a fascination with tattoos. I find them beautiful, intriguing, and innately sexy. I especially love the tribal and Celtic designs, and the small, tasteful tattoos on the inner wrist or back of the neck. I’ve considered getting one but haven’t taken that step just yet. I do enjoy putting them on my characters though. Mostly on my heroes. But in book 2 of my Sweet Love series, Totally, Sweetly, Irrevocably, my heroine has several.
Gina is one of those free-spirited, confident, life-loving people who does exactly what she pleases and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of her. She’s tattooed, pierced, and has gorgeous galaxy-colored hair that I wish I was cool enough to pull off.
If I was a bit more like Gina, these would be my top five choices for tattoos:
- A heartbeat line ending in a heart in white ink on my inner wrist – I really love the white ink tattoos (and how amazing would those look under a black light?!?). My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and I’ve always thought that a tattoo representing my baby’s heartbeat would be a beautiful tribute.
- Something book related – as an author and lifelong booklover, something related to books would be perfect for me. I’ve seen some beautiful tattoos like books where the pages are flying away like birds. Something like that on the shoulder are really beautiful. A quote from a favorite book would also be fun. I’d love something like “Always” from Harry Potter, or something from Outlander…something short and simple that evokes a lot of emotion.
- Celtic or tribal designs – I really love the intricate Celtic knots and designs. There are so many incredibly beautiful possibilities!
- Music – I play the piano. While I don’t get to play as much as I would like, music is still a very important part of my life. I would love something like a few musical notes or the treble clef sign or something similar.
- Birds – I really love Tris’s tattoo in Divergent. I also really love owls and peacocks, so something along those lines would be fun.
I don’t know if I’ll ever get one. My mother would kill me (and yes, even at 39 that would still deter me lol), but even if I don’t, I still enjoy pinning them on my pinterest boards. Just in case. And in the meantime, I can keep living a bit vicariously through my characters ;-)
Totally, Sweetly, Irrevocably by Kira Archer
Release Date: July 18, 2016
When Officer Rick Boyd answers a call about a peeping Tom, he doesn’t expect to find a gorgeous woman holding the binoculars. But Gina Silvano’s no peeping Tom, and she can catch her cupcake truck’s kinky vandals herself, thank you very much. No sexy cops required.
No matter how hot their stakeouts, by-the-book Officer Boyd can’t see a future with a dangerous, rule-breaking wild-child who despises the law. He’s never felt more alive, though, and expunging her from his heart might be impossible.
But loving each other might cost them more than they are able to give.
About the Author:
Kira Archer resides in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kiddos, and far too many animals in the house. She tends to laugh at inappropriate moments, break all the rules she gives her kids (but only when they aren't looking), and would rather be reading a book than doing almost anything else. She has odd, eclectic tastes in just about everything and often lets her imagination run away with her. She loves her romances a little playful, a lot sexy, and always with a happily ever after.
Social Media Links (Twitter, Facebook, etc.):