With: Claire McEwen
Congratulations to Colleen C., the winner in Claire's giveaway. Thank you to all who participated!
Happy New Year! I am so honored to be the Just Contemporary Romance New Years Blogger! I hope everyone had a lovely New Years Eve, whether you prefer to see the New Year in with a wild party or a quiet night at home.
Those of us who read and write romance could use our own special set of new years resolutions. We are often women, often very busy, sometimes with multiple careers as well as families. We are also, perhaps, a bit more sensitive than most people, and very aware of our relationships with others. Many of us are introverts, or have an introverted side, and we really need to make time for ourselves.
So I’ve decided to create some resolutions that will nurture us through the coming year.
Please feel free to add your own in the comment section!
Claire McEwen’s Resolutions for Romantics
In 2015 let’s…
1) Make time for the people we love. Whether it’s walking hand in hand with a partner or having a nice lunch with a friend, let’s foster the connections and feelings between ourselves and others.
2) Make time to nurture ourselves. Whether journaling, window shopping, reading, going for a walk, or heading to the gym or a spa, let’s take at least a little time each week to do something relaxing.
3) Create beauty in our homes. It could be as simple as cleaning that shelf in the office that’s been bugging you for ages. Or rearranging the pictures in the living room. Or treating yourself to a new piece of furniture. Or painting a room. I believe we are more relaxed and content when our homes are comfortable and reflect who we are.
4) Make time to care for our health. How often do we romantics neglect our well being to care for others? Let’s make 2015 the year we take our vitamins, keep those doctor appointments, try to get more sleep, and commit to some regular exercise.
5) Identify the people in our lives who make us feel good about ourselves, and spend more time with them. And, identify the people who make us feel worse, and spend a little less of our precious time in their presence.
6) Set limits when possible. Are there things we can delegate while at work? Or work we could take home to limit long hours at the office? Can we ask for more help from our partner around the house? If we’re stressed can we say no to that extra volunteer work without feeling too guilty? One of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves this year is to set some limits on our time, so that we can keep our other resolutions.
For more ideas on nurturing your romantic side, please visit my blog,
Romance All Around Us, at blog.clairemcewen.com.
And if you’d like to start the New Year with a new book, I am giving away a signed copy of my brand new romance, Convincing the Rancher!
Here is a recent review from Library Journal, that might help you decide if you’d like to read it.
“Nothing shakes things up like discovering that the person you need to work with on your renewable energy company's wind farm proposal is the man you had a hot one-night stand with two years ago. When community relations expert Tess Cole walks into Mayor Slaid Jacobs's office, the situation goes from difficult to impossible, especially with Slaid insisting that Tess stay on the job. As far as Tess is concerned, it's going to be all business, but Slaid seems to have other ideas. VERDICT Lively, funny, and beautifully paced, this enjoyable romance pairs a relationship-wary heroine with a responsible single dad in a captivating story that beautifully conveys the Eastern Sierra high desert setting and has character links to the author's earlier Superromances.”
Please share a new years resolution, or your opinion about one of mine, in the comments below to be entered to win.
And thank you for visiting Just Contemporary Romance to celebrate the New Year!
Author bio:Social media links:
Claire McEwen writes romance and blogs about writing and all things romantic. She lives by the ocean in Northern California with her family and a scruffy, mischievous terrier. When not dreaming up new stories, she can be found digging in her garden with a lot of enthusiasm but, unfortunately, no green thumb. She loves discovering flea-market treasures, walking on the beach, dancing, traveling and reading, of course!
Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST Jan. 1st. Please supply your email in the post. You may use spaces or full text for security. (ex. jsmith at gmail dot com) If you do not wish to supply your email, or have trouble posting, please email maureen@JustContemporaryRomance.com with a subject title of JCR GIVEAWAY to be entered in the current giveaway.