By: Tracy Ward
Congratulations to "Jonetta" and "Karen J.", the winners of Tracy's giveaway. Thank you to all who participated!
There’s only one thing I love more than a good bartender who keeps the drinks cold and coming and that’s a sexy one. More than that, I love a good romance with a bar as a backdrop. Maybe that’s why Noah Blake, the hunky hero in my recent novel Fair Play, not only had to be a powerful CEO of a chain of bars, but he had to be willing to roll up his sleeves and do some of the ‘tending himself.
Top 10 Reasons bartenders are sexy
10. Let’s get the obvious one out of the way first. After a couple of drinks, who isn’t sexy?
9. He listens. And not only does he listen, but he understands.
8. A happy guy is a sexy guy and on the whole, bartenders love their jobs. They meet interesting people, make good money and have a front row seat for witnessing humanity at its finest…or drunkest. Either way, that’s a frothy mug full of never-a-dull-moment.
7. He’s smart. He knows a lot about life because he’s seen and heard it all—which means he’s full of great advice. Plus he has a great memory and that alone is a sure sign of a very smart man.
6. He’s creative. During his slow time or down time he’s inventing new drinks to keep you interested and coming back to his bar.
5. When was the last time you saw a bartender shake a drink? Picture it in your mind. Enough said.
4. He isn’t afraid to try new things.
3. His sole job is to please you and make sure you’re having a good time.
2. He’s in great shape. It takes a lot of stamina to stay on top of a busy bar.
1. He’s powerful. He can comp your drinks or he can cut you off. And power is indeed a strong aphrodisiac.
Talk to me! Why do you think bartenders are sexy? Two lucky commenters will be chosen at random to receive a free copy of Fair Play. Salut!
Writing three plays for a nationally acclaimed theater in Phair, Texas, wasn’t supposed to put my inheritance at risk and force me into constant contact with Noah Blake--the very guy I love to hate. But with one chance to prove to my controlling father that I can succeed as a playwright, I’ve developed a major case of writer’s block.
Cue Noah, my older brother’s best friend and the guy I’ve avoided since my crush-gone-bad days. And now my director thinks he’s the key to unleashing my creativity. He thinks Noah is my muse.
Discovering the fate of the theater is also in my hands, I have no choice but to collaborate with my worst enemy. But it’s more than just a great scene Noah inspires. Now everything I thought I wanted is put to the test. And the guy I swore I was over still has a hold on my heart.
About the author:
After the birth of her children, Tracy had an epiphany: banking just wasn’t her thing. So she quit her corporate job, let her nanny go and became a not-so-desperate housewife by day, Sexy Women’s Fiction author by night. Her characters are every-day women, following their dreams, searching for that elusive happily ever after.
Growing up the youngest child of a freakishly large family in a small Midwestern town means she never lacks for ideas, inspiration, or moral dilemmas. Being the wife of a corporate attorney, mother of two young children, and living in a Dallas suburb provides unlimited insight into the rest.
In her spare time, Tracy is a chauffeur, a maid, a short-order cook, a coach, a psychic/intuitive who always finds what her husband loses, a yoga nut, a mango margarita connoisseur, and a really bad dancer. She’s currently contracted through Entangled Publishing’s Indulgence imprint.
You can find Tracy at the below places.
You can find Fair Play at:
Tracy will be giving away 2 ebook copies of FAIR PLAY to two lucky commenters. This giveaway will end on Sep. 24th.
Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST Sep. 24th. Please supply your email in the post. You may use spaces or full text for security. (ex. jsmith at gmail dot com) If you do not wish to supply your email, or have trouble posting, please email maureen@JustContemporaryRomance.com with a subject title of JCR GIVEAWAY to be entered in the current giveaway.